User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) are the two important concepts in the web development. They individually play a significant role in developing a product or a brand. However, many people who are new in the web development sector mix up these two concepts together. That happens because UI and UX are harmonious in nature or many designers and developers have mastery in both. But in real, they are completely different concepts both in objective and scope.
To understand the difference between the UI and UX, or to know their roles in developing a better Web project we bring you this blog post.
To that effect, we bring you this blog post where we will understand the basic difference between the UI and UX and their respective roles in web development process.
What is the meaning of User Experience (UX)?
User Experience (UX) is a pivotal concept in the web design. It defines how a person feels while interacting with a website, a web app or any desktop based software. It basically determines the usability and accessibility of a website – customer satisfaction.
Those who work on UX are known as UX designers. They study, analyze, and evaluate how visitors feel about a website or web app. They monitor various aspects of a web design including user-friendliness, utility, simple navigation system; efficiency in performing activities and a lot more.
UX designers ultimately make sure whether the structure of site flowing logically from one step to the next or not. They organize user behavior tests to diagnose the challenges facing by the web visitors and keep testing till they solve the respective problems with an aim to provide the best User Experience to their clients.
The user experience of a website reflects the brand value of your business. It determines the experiences of your visitors when they browse from one page to the next of your site.
In simple terms, a good UX enhances both your brand and website’s value.
Importance of UX for WordPress designers and developers
In the digitalized world, users or web audience spend a few second after landing on your site to determine whether it is easy to use or not. A well-organized site always plays a crucial role in determining the success and growth of a business.
And when we think of soothing and enhanced user experience, the first thing that comes to the mind is WordPress. It allows web designers and developers to build a highly interactive and accessible website quickly and efficiently. The customization options is the key of WordPress. You can easily customize the admin panel in WP with the use of any plugins.
To put it simply, WordPress lets you design better product in least development time span. You can spend more time in developing new products and services in order to expand your business for better branding.
How to Improve your WP site’s User Experience?
Having a website with bad user experience could spoil the brand value of your business. Such websites won’t sustain in the web industry for a long time. If you want to improve the user experience of your WordPress site, you need to consider the following aspects carefully.
- Positive emotional feedback
- Sense of control, and
Let’s explore the latest UX trends running successfully in the web design industry:
- Responsive Design: Responsive design is one of the most popular trends in web design. With the rapid growth of mobile devices, people are accessing or browsing websites via their mobile phones.
With the use of responsive web design, you can drastically improve the user experience of your site. It allows your visitors to browse your site quite easily and quickly, without any complexity.
In fact, according to Google, use of responsive web design not only improve the UX but also increase the flow of web traffic on your site.
- Content-centralized Design: Content is a key and content-focused design. It is an incredible trend in context to UX.
You can engage visitors towards your site by adding informative and valuable content. A website with well-formatted content improves the brand of a site.
Therefore, it is necessary to make sure that it is featured clearly and aesthetically all around the broad to offer visitors an enhanced user-experience.
Note: WordPress developers have always participated in improving UX of their web projects very keenly.
With the help of the top-quality WordPress responsive themes, you can improve the accessibility and usability of your website.
What is User Interface (UI)?
User Interface or UI is the technical aspect that allows the user to interact with the technology or product via the buttons and control options. UI visually represents the UX components that have been designed to offer soothing and pleasant interaction with your potential visitors.
The UI designer designs product layouts to visibly communicate what the UX designer has planned. They focus on creating interactive elements such as icons, typography, buttons, etc to provide direct interaction to the user.
Why User Interface is important for WordPress designers and developers?
A website with a good UI improves its accessibility. It becomes imperative that a visitor can interact with your site in an easy, intuitive and effective way, without any distractions. To achieve this, a UI designer needs to focus on the design and function of a site at the same time.
It becomes easy to improve the UI of a site in WordPress. It is also the backend admin user panel and tools that enable web production and other content of a site. It is the prime responsibility of a Responsive WordPress developer to develop a highly functional dashboard with proficient and dynamic UI.
How to Improve your UI elements?
Working for a good UI depends on multiple factors. It requires proper organization of web design elements.
Let’s look at some of the key characteristics of good User Interface:
- Consistency: web design and behavior of the site should be consistent
- Responsive: web design of a site should run smoothly on different devices.
- Clean: the design of a site should be clean, simple and intuitive.
- Intuitiveness: A site should work the way the user wants to. It should be easy to use.
- The web design should be attractive and enticing.
- Content-focused design, and a lot more.
Here are the latest trends of User Interface (UI):
- Micro-interactions: Micro-interactions are accommodated product moments that carries out on the small task. Although they are small or almost invisible, they could drastically enhance UI and UX of a site if they are executed properly. Facebook’s like button is the greatest example of micro-interactions.
- Typography: It plays a significant role in UI design. There are many web fonts services available in the market. Typekit and Google Fonts are the most popular that offers multiple impressible fonts to improve UI of a site.
- Material Design: It is a new style of “flat” design that Microsoft and Apple have been using. Material design or flat design is flexible, adaptable and content-focused. It lets you build simple, clean and intuitive site and also improves its performance.
Both the UI and UX have their own objectives, functionalities and perspectives. UI is the elements that allow a user to efficiently use your product and the UX is the collective effect of all those elements on the user.
In simple words, User Interface is the base that can help you achieve improved user experience.