According to the Google Algorithm, the loading speed of Joomla websites plays a vital role in determining their ranking in search engine ranking pages (SERPs). The speed of a site is one of the most crucial factors that needs to be considered for better visibility, accessibility, and higher conversion rates.In fact, some surveys claimed that 2 to 3-second delay in loading a web page can drastically decline the statistical slope of your conversion rate. As a web visitor, we don’t want to access a site that takes ages to load a web page. If you want to give seamless user experience, you need to optimize the speed of your Joomla site.
Although there are multiple factors that can slow down your site speed, heavy and high-resolution Joomla images can also make your site sluggish. For better results, you need to optimize your Joomla site by compressing all of your images.
In this blog post, we will explore some of the useful tips that will help you compress all of your Joomla images, without any heavy lifting.
1. Run Bulk Action to Compress all Images
High-quality and visually appealing images can encourage people to visit your site. They can play a key role in generating more organic web traffic towards a website. But using too many or too heavy images can slow down the speed of your web pages, which in turn, increase your site’s bounce rate and reduce the conversion rate.
If you want to improve your site speed, you need to optimize all of the images. I will share you some of the great tips that will simply the process of image optimization.
- You should always add large images and then scale them using HTML
- Use Adobe Photoshop to optimize the size of your images. It is one of the most popular image editing software that allows the user to optimize the size of images with ease. You can also make a use of online services such as Smush to scale down the size of the images, without even compromising their quality.
- Avoid adding too many images on one single web page – this will make your site sluggish.
- Consider the Run Bulk Action. With the use of ImageRecycle plugin to can run a Bulk Action to optimize all the old as well as new images for better performance.
2. Not Satisfied with Joomla Image Optimization Results? Return to Original Images.
One of the best things about the Image Recycle plugin is that your Joomla image Optimization result is not permanent. It means that if you are not satisfied with the image optimization outcome, you can easily get back to your original image just by clicking a ‘Revert to Original’ button. This will undo all the image compression activities and restore your original image.
3. Joomla Image Optimization
You should always avoid using a large number of images that load slowly. For this, you need to optimize the size of images which you want to add in Adobe Fireworks for higher compression.
You can use Fireworks to scale down the size of your Joomla images. But make sure that you should never upload images having 1200*1200 pixels and rescale it using CSS or HTML.
Although full-size images load, you should get them resized by the server to improve your the loading speed of your web pages.
Overall, we can say Joomla Image Optimization or compression process is quite simple and effective. With the help of these tips, you can boost the speed as well as SEO ranking of your Joomla site on the fly.
Unfortunately, there is no inbuilt image compression option in Joomla, so you need to do this by using third party or external tools such as Photoshop or Fireworks.