However, it is not recommended to run it on your official website as the software is still in the development process. But you can set up a test site just to explore the functions and features of this new WordPress version. You can install the WordPress Beta Tester plugin to test WordPress 4.5 version. This plugin gives you a simple way to get involved with Beta testing WordPress.
Note: Get more information on WordPress 4.5 by browsing the Beta 1, Beta 2, and Beta 3 blog posts. These blog posts will help you provide all the information about the new and advanced features of 4.5.
Let’s encounter the changes in Beta 4
- WordPress 4.5 Beta 4 makes it easy to add support for oEmbed moments and timelines from Twitter (#36197).
- Changed this feature with an objective to support HHVM with Imagick efficiently and effectively. It is recommended to test with HHVM setups and rotating/resizing images (#35973).
- Systemized the Inline Link feature (#33301, #30468). This feature is introduced with an idea incorporate the URL input and the search field together and find out when a user enters a user.
- Provide support for <hr> editor shortcut with three or more dashes (—), without spaces. But, this feature requires more study regarding the best shortcuts for users, text patterns for italic and bold letters. That is the reason why it has been removed and won’t come with 4.5 ( #33300 ).
- The new version of WordPress is offering a solution for SSL with Responsive Images. For effective results, test with SSL, particularly on sites that are merged with http/https setups (#34945).
- Enables rewrite rules to work effectively in nested WordPress installations on IIS (#35558). You can easily alter the rule name just by adding a site-specific identifier.
- Introduced various bug fixes – the development team has made more than 100 changes to provide their users a hassle-free WordPress version.
Note: If you encounter any bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area which is available in the support form.