If you’re a blog owner or editor looking to bring more traffic to your site, earning high-quality backlinks through white-hat (spam-free) link building should be an indispensable part of your marketing strategy. Running a successful blog or a website needs to focus on long-term results rather than short-term gains, and link building is a great way to achieve this goal.
If you have been trying to gain backlinks on your own or through an agency, but are not happy with the results despite investing significant time and money, here are five tips that will help you evaluate your link-building strategy and improve it for tangible results.
- Network with local businesses. Be a part of community events to increase the visibility of your blog and be known as the go-to source of information for certain topics. For instance, if you run a blog about baking, contact local flower shops, gift shops, etc. and host and organize events where people can learn more about you and your expertise. Work on a barter system where you’ll mention a business on your site in exchange of a backlink to yours from their website.
- Create a strong online presence. The more visible you are, the more your potential readers will know you and talk about you. As long as you’re able to establish your blog as a source of authentic, useful and interesting information, you’ll not have trouble gaining followers and shares or improving your search engine rankings. Also, keep your social media pages alive with quality posts that serve a purpose and offer meaningful engagement.
- Use affiliate marketing. Reach out to brands that you believe in and collaborate with them to publish content that highlights their products or services. Associating with good brands will earn your blog more credibility and trust. However, avoid partnering with too many corporations at once, as it can confuse and even irk your audiences. Maintain a portfolio that you can manage without diluting the purpose of your blog.
- Work with a blogger outreach agency. While many agencies claim to offer white-hat link building services tailored to your specific requirements, few can truly claim to have access to high authority websites with a large readership. When you already have your hands full with creating, sourcing and publishing great content, outsource the task to a qualified blogger outreach service such as https://outreachmonks.com/ who will publish quality guest posts on popular websites in your niche, while you can sit back and reap the benefits of a fool-proof link-building strategy created and executed by experts. This will ensure that the money you spend on earning backlinks is utilized ethically and efficiently.
- Ensure that your blog is in top order technically. There’s a lot you can do yourself, such as optimizing your web pages with meta tags and keywords, ensuring your content is not sales, ensuring your pages load quickly, and maintaining a consistent and interesting editorial calendar. For the rest, outsourcing may be your best bet.
Olivia Walker is a staff writer and editor at Submitcore. She writes blog posts about Technology and Business. She especially contributes to the Blogging, Gadgets and Social Media.