Being an entrepreneur or a businessman, you are always advised to have your own website in the present age of tech savvy users. A professional website is beneficial especially to small businesses and startups in order to have maximum visibility among your present and future customers. While designing a website, it doesn’t have to be complicated or cluttered with loads of information. A simple online presence is sufficient for your targeted customers to be updated about your company’s developments and significant information. Anyone hears about a business, it’s a trend that they first tend to look it up online. So in this digital age, owning a professional website has become inevitable.
Reasons to have a professional website
The latest survey by Nielsen study reflected that businesses with a positive online presence were more likely to retain customers. There are many reasons to have an online presence. Here we shall explain a few major ones:
- Your small business will be considered credible: Today each and every user will first search only for the products or services they require. If your website has a strong online visibility, your business will gain credibility. Prospective customers will then not turn to your competitors. You might have a website that is home made, but only a professional interface will boost the customers confidence. This is even more beneficial for home based business since you do not have physical store presence to attract customers.
- Less cost: You might think of advertising your business through physical ads and designing a professional website may seem costly. But if you compare the cost it with the market reach in both cases, there is a vast difference. And this is just a onetime cost. Once you get your business up and running, there is simply no worry!
- Your customers will always be updated: Your website is your online brochure. It’s much easier to update your online catalogue than print material. Your customers will be quickly informed about new offers, products, services or events. Print ads often become outdated and might just rest in corners unused and unseen.
- Easily accessible: A website is always available 24/7 for your customers. There is the facility to provide reviews, know about your closing and opening times etc. In today’s life style this is really important for users to arrive at a purchase decision.
- Wider market reach: A website provides an alternative platform for selling your services and products. For businesses in sectors such as ecommerce, your venture will have a wider reach and even global presence!
- Showcasing your work: A website is the perfect platform to showcase your work. With inclusion of images, testimonials and reviews, you can surely make an imprint on your customer about the uniqueness of your products or services.
- Saving time: It is time consuming to provide information to your customers over phone, brochures or discussions. With an online brochure, you can update your customer with information at one go without having to go to them repeatedly.
- Customer service: Inclusion of a FAQ page articles or newsletters helps in answering all your customers’ queries. This is the best way to keep them updated about your services; there is simply no better way!
Today, around 80 percent of customers use the web to perform product/service search before making a purchase decision. It’s a common assumption by many that you are present on the World Wide Web, and your absence will be a disappointment. So my advice will be- don’t let your competitors snatch you’re your customers for the simple reason of not owning a webpage!