In website development, the conversion of PSD into HTML is the main step of converting the PSD extension designs into a cross browser compatible, error-free, static, high quality, semantic, clean well commented, W3C validated and hand-coded CSS /XHTML/ HTML markups. Effective and proper HTML coding is one of the most vital aspects to add usability and functionality into PSD based static web layout with cross browser compatibility.
If you want to Coding the design to HTML, then it needs a few things such as:
- Considerable experience
- Solid knowledge of codes
- A lot of attention
- Best html practices
Sometimes, working with XHTML / HTML codes will be difficult. Many developers (whether they are beginners or experienced) make a few common mistakes in coding. Here are best and important Handy HTML practices for how to enhance the HTML codes when converting PSD to CSS / XHTML/ HTML.
The design of the HTML file and the required time to finish the project should be proper. Some handy HTML practices will help you convert PSD into HTML smoothly as follows:
- DO not use in line styles.
- Styling should be done only when the web page is correctly coded.
- Never capitalize markups. This is the most common mistake make by developers. There is no point to capitalize it as it is not pleasing to the eyes. A lowercase ensures better visibility and is eye catching. If it doesn’t appear attractive to the viewer, you cannot expect him to stay on your site or make any transactions. The markups are of prime importance. Do it preferably in lowercase only.
- Most importantly, navigation should be easy and customer friendly. The moment it becomes difficult or tedious, the customer will tend to feel bored and tired of it and he will navigate to your rival’s page.
- User-friendly navigation is vital aspects of a site which will never be avoided. Thus, it is the best practice in order to combine an unordered list element with CSS to make site navigation menus more beautiful and semantic. Make the navigation menu semantic by combining CSS with an unordered list element
An indent is another important point you should never miss out on adding. A good web page is the one which is properly indented.
- Many developers want to utilize div tags in order to wrap paragraph and after that, use divs around multiple div tags which involve many div tags. By doing this, it comes with a huge mountain of div tags. So, you must always ignore creating mountains of divs as it is inefficient.
Also, elements should be correctly categorized so that the page looks neat. Place the block elements and in-line elements correctly. Block style elements are div h1, h2, h3, ul, p, ol, blockquote to name a few. Inline style elements are span, a, em, img, strong, br, acronym and many more.
By using the above mentioned guidelines you will be abled to convert PSD into HTML and avoid silly errors.